Tuesday 3 March 2015

Zero Rupees

12:00PM                                                                                                  Sometime in around 2009-10
"Hello,am I speaking to Mr. Shantanu ?"
*In shivering voice because a girl's voice on my phone was very unusual that time*
"Yes ma'am, आप कौन(Who's this)?"
"Sir,I am calling from Reliance,I wanted to inquire about your account balance,Will you please tell me what's your balance right now?"
"Why ma'am?"
"Its just an inquiry Sir,we will suggest you our services according to that"
"Okay,Its Zero Rupees" (Actually I was trying to be over smart ;-) By saying so)
" Zero RUPEES !"
*and then I heard her Laughing *
*Few seconds later*
"Zero Rupees नहीं होता,बस Zero होता है।" (There's nothing such as zero rupees its Only Zero)
*She said this sarcastically *
                     ---------------------------------------- FACEPALM ---------------------------------------
I couldn't gather my courage to talk any further .Ashamed of my Speaking skills,I was Laughing on my self filled with Shame.
She might have forgotten this incident the very next day but it stuck with me for always. Reminding me  that there's nothing as ZERO LITRE , ZERO KILOGRAMS , ZERO KILOMETERS . ITS ONLY ZERO .
You may have unintentionally done it but You have taught me a Lesson in those few minutes,for rest of my life.
Thank you ma'am , I won't forget our Convo

No comments:

Post a Comment